Although the weather was very unsteady, we had a nice time during our stay in la Tronc ou la Tronquiere. Thank you for heating the pool, and also the house. The house is very cool inside, which is very pleasant when it is hot outside. But now in the beginning of June, it was sometimes cold outside. Good chance that we come again and bring our grown up kids, they sure liked the pictures we send them of this house. The house had everything and the dog had a nice time too. The only thing we couldn’t find was a teapot! So we bought you one! Nous vous remercions pour tout!
Gio and Diana
(09-2015) Hi Lydia and Thijs,
We had a great time in France thank you, sorry it’s taken so long to respond but it’s been very busy here. I’m happy to do some references for you.
We had a fantastic time staying at La Tronquiere in August, the grounds are beautiful and the pool simply marvellous. Guy and Anne are lovely hosts and couldn’t do enough for you, though they never intruded, we left feeling we were leaving behind friends.
The setting is very peaceful and the surrounding towns and villages well worth a visit. I would thoroughly recommend this villa for those wanting a relaxing stress free holiday. I hope to return some day for some more of Anne’s delicious Cepes soup.
(07-2015) Dear Lydia,
We had 3 wonderful weeks at the La Tronquiere Villa, and would highly recommend this property – and we definitely want to go back.
The outdoor areas really exceeded our expectations, and the owners were absolutely charming.
The highlights of La Tronquiere are:
- Brilliant pool and pool area
- Wonderful and large gardens
- Charming upstairs bedrooms
- Hospitable but discreet owners
Some details, considering the points to make this even better please!
The pool area:
- Absolutely wonderful pool, lovely terracing, plenty of lounging furniture – the best we have experienced. Fantastic.
- Pool inflatables provided. We didn’t realise this, and had bought some on our arrival – but there is a range of noodles and inflatables already there!
- However, the pool should have been cleaned/treated more often. It was only done once during a 3 week stay. The water turned green and there were a lot of insects and leaves on the bottom. Note from Lydia : they would have come in more often, did not want to disturb you....
- Amazing, and much bigger than we had realised.
- A real plus, that you could make more of on the website maybe?
- However, the luxuriant planting did mean we had to sweep up on the terraces every day! But we were happy to do that, as the size and quality of the garden was wonderful.
- Overall, great
- Fantastic kitchen: big, lots of storage AFTER you have reorganised things a bit! Huge table, and amazing number of plates, cutlery, cups, utensils etc. Very well equipped indeed. But, I recommend that the oven arrangement needs explaining on arrival – initially we panicked about cooking for a group of 9 with a worktop oven with only 1 shelf. However, it is a very clever arrangement in the kitchen once you work it out!
- Living area/ lounge: with a party of 9, we had to move some furniture around to make it work better, but it worked out fine – note from Lydia: we will talk to Guy about this
- Bedrooms: upstairs bedrooms are very charming. However, it might be better to give more info on the website to explain that 2 of the upstairs rooms are inter-connecting, and that another bedroom is actually a mezzanine, so is not private – note from Lydia we will change this on the website
- Dining room: a bit of a waste of space for holiday rentals really…..big kitchen table, and outdoor table, so this did not get used except for a few of us having to work occasionally during the holiday
- Upstairs loo and shower room are beautifully done (though shower does leak a bit, but that was no problem for us, but could be a problem for the floor/ceiling underneath)
- Downstairs main bathroom is brilliant, huge, and great to have a washing machine
- Downstairs loo and shower room: Even with 9, we rarely used them, and they took up living space….better to have a bigger living area. but only a thought!
- Fishing lake was a real bonus for the dogs to swim!
- Having other residents around the farm was also great – rural away from it all, but not isolated
- Short drive to all amenities and lots of useful or interesting places within under 30 mins – but the first couple of km are scary driving for those not used to country roads!
- This property had MORE than we realised! For example, huge gardens, table tennis, pool equipment, childrens play area, bikes to use. I think the website undersells this.
- Mr & Mme D. were helpful, charming and hospitable – but very discreet
- We had a lovely evening apero with them, and they were very understanding and helpful when needed – but invisible when not!
Thank you for your help in choosing this property –and for your help and advice when we had the incident with our dog and the cockerel.
We hope to rebook, and will definitely recommend – but, I do think your website needs to make the bedroom arrangement clear, and could mention the size of the gardens (so much bigger than we anticipated and very attractive!) and that there are bikes, table tennis, and a great set of children’s play equipment.
We had a wonderful stay, and definitely want to go back when we have a group of this size.
we had a wonderful time in France. House and garden were wonderful. We have absolutely no complaints. Mr. and Mrs. D. are such lovely people. This property is definitely a place to come back sometimes.
Simone and Michael V.
(06-2014) Dear Madame, dear Sir,
At the moment we are on holiday in La Tronquiere. We do like it so much that we like to come again in autumn.
Best regards Sibylle and Werner